Re: Pimobendan

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi Daniela

      Has your cat had an ultrasound to diagnose the heart condition. if not, I
      would ask to see a cardiologist and have one done so that you can find out
      what would help most. You now need to balance the heart and kidneys.

      I have two cats on pimobendan. Both are very serious heart cases and one
      was given it as a last resort with no chance to live and pulled through.
      Milli and Trixi have had it with a mix of other medications for years with no
      side effects at all. The sleepiness should go away in a few days to a week.
      To me it was a miracle drug.

      :) Lyn

    • Pablo Frank
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 19, 2013
        never had any problem with pimobendan, and my cat 3.5 years old takes it since being 3 months old. She has VSD, tricospide and pulmonary artery hypertension.

        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
        From: epsteindaniela@...
        Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:53:36 +0000
        Subject: [FH] Pimobendan

        Hi everybody!

        I am new to this group.

        My cat Kaiser, 16 and 5 month has been diagnosed with CRD about two years ago.

        I gave him subQ fluids which helped a lot but lately he got mild cardiomyopathie and mild pericardial effusion, due to the treatment with Luis, I guess.

        The cardiologist prescribed pimobendan, at about 0.17/kg 2x daily

        I was very reluctant to give it to him because of possible side effects and sudden death I had read about, but after one month of trying homeopathic medications I decided to give him pimobendan .

        He's heart works better, but he is sleeping ALL day!

        He eats, purrs, and sleeps.

        Has anybody experienced similar behavior?

        Does it get better with the time?

        I don't know if to continue or stop the medication..

        Thanks for your help,

        Daniela & Kaiser