Pimobendan

  • kaisercrd
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hi everybody!
      I am new to this group.
      My cat Kaiser, 16 and 5 month has been diagnosed with CRD about two years ago.
      I gave him subQ fluids which helped a lot but lately he got mild cardiomyopathie and mild pericardial effusion, due to the treatment with Luis, I guess.

      The cardiologist prescribed pimobendan, at about 0.17/kg 2x daily
      I was very reluctant to give it to him because of possible side effects and sudden death I had read about, but after one month of trying homeopathic medications I decided to give him pimobendan .

      He's heart works better, but he is sleeping ALL day!
      He eats, purrs, and sleeps.

      Has anybody experienced similar behavior?
      Does it get better with the time?
      I don't know if to continue or stop the medication..

      Thanks for your help,
      Daniela & Kaiser
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 19, 2013
        Hi Daniela

        Has your cat had an ultrasound to diagnose the heart condition. if not, I
        would ask to see a cardiologist and have one done so that you can find out
        what would help most. You now need to balance the heart and kidneys.

        I have two cats on pimobendan. Both are very serious heart cases and one
        was given it as a last resort with no chance to live and pulled through.
        Milli and Trixi have had it with a mix of other medications for years with no
        side effects at all. The sleepiness should go away in a few days to a week.
        To me it was a miracle drug.

        :) Lyn

      • Pablo Frank
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 19, 2013
          never had any problem with pimobendan, and my cat 3.5 years old takes it since being 3 months old. She has VSD, tricospide and pulmonary artery hypertension.

          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com