Feline HCM CoQ10

  • Karen R
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
      Hello,

      I recently joined and as you can see I have lots of questions/concerns. I think I should add CoQ10 to my recently diagnosed HCM cat. I stopped at the store but all I can find is 100mg. I cant seem to find 30mg. Is this the correct dosage? How do I administer it? Also... is it beneficial? Does anyone have any experience with their cat and CoQ10? Sorry for all the questions Im just trying to educate myself to make better decisions for him. Thank you!!

      Karen
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
        Hi Karen

        30mg is the correct dose. I get mine from Holland and Barrett in the UK. If
        you can't find it in the store, try Amazon or one of the online health
        food shops. Nearly most do a 30mg version. You can give it as a capsule,
        squirt it into their mouth after piercing it or add it to a slice of chicken.
        Mine enjoy the taste of it. Get capsules in oil.

        _http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywo
        rds=co1q%2010%2030mg#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=c
        oq+10+30mg&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acoq+10+30mg_
        (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=co1q%2010%2030mg#/ref=nb_sb_noss?
        url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=coq+10+30mg&rh=i:aps,k:coq+10+30mg)

      • joanne marbut
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
          I use 100 mg in each meal, three meals a day. I pierce it and squeeze the contents out and mix into the food. It's messy and not all comes out.  If you mix well, the cat shouldn't notice.  If it causes an upset tummy, then just squeeze out part for now and use the rest later.  There might be other versions others use they could recommend. I use Nature Made.