Dental

  • Elise Eisfelder
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      My 15 year old chronic pancreatitis cat who also has a heart murmur is doing well enough that my vet wants to do a teeth cleaning under anesthesia. My vet says Max doesn't need IV fluids but many others disagree. He is also on Amlodipine for primary high BP. The reasoning bring that if his BP drops it can be more easily treated. Max does not need get or need fluids at home. He also says antibiotic are not needed What do you do about this?

      Thanks

      Elise

      Sent from my iPhone
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
        Hi Elise

        All my dental cats had fluids and antibiotics after surgery. If you are
        unhappy with the vet's choices, please seek a second opinion. I find it is
        important to have faith in your vet and he needs to explain his choices to
        you.