Re: [FH] plavix - missed dose

  • joanne marbut
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 16, 2013
      Vomiting is normal. It will occur from time to time. It's a concern only when it happens every day, or a few times a week, (a hairball or object can cause an obstruction or it could be a reaction to a med.)  Try giving Laxatone daily to help hair and objects pass.  As for the meds,your best bet would be to ask your vet, before this happens again, exactly which drugs can be safely given again or should be and how long you should wait before dosing again. Plavix can be given again shortly after vomiting if you think it wasn't digested. But it's not something that can be done a few times a week or month because the blood thinning properties could possibly cause internal bleeding.  If you want to wait after she vomited, then give a dose a few hours after she vomited and then dose the next dose at the regular schedule.  Good luck!

    • Jordan
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2013
        Thank you everyone for the replies. As it turned out, by the time I got your replies . . . more than 12 hours had passed. So, I just gave Sheba her next Plavix dose at dinner the following day.

        However, in the future if this happens, I will try administering the meds in the AM instead.

        Thanks again,
        Jordan and Sheba