Skip to search.

Chloe - Day 12 Assist-Feeding

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      I just wanted to post that we're now on Day 12 of Chloe's assist feeding/assist fluids program. Chloe receives about 22-25 mls of her Fancy Feast "milkshakes" and 9mls of water 4X per day.

      The biggest difficulty is scheduling and spacing things out - I'm always afraid of overloading Chloe's temperamental digestive system with too much at one time, but so far (fingers crossed) no problems. Chloe does eat a little bit on her own - early morning and late at night are her favorite times for a "snack", and she also drinks occasionally from one of her 2 water bowls (I've always provided Chloe with 2 separate eating/drinking areas for easy access). Respiration rates run between 16-24.

      We're taking things moment-by-moment, as I know Chloe's severe HCM can take us from calm to crisis in the blink of an eye - next vet checkup is this Thursday, Valentine's Day. I know from the vet's tone prior to my starting to assist-feed Chloe, she pretty much assumed Chloe had reached the "end of the road", but we're definitely still here – assist-feeding saved Chloe's life.

      For those who feel this might benefit their kitty, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Assist-Feeding Forum (and many, many thanks to those here on Feline-Hearts who directed me there!). In some cases, a supplemental boost of food and fluid can make a huge difference.

      Purrs and Prayers to Everyone,
      Suzanne and Chloe