Re: Weight Gain, too Much?

  • binarina1
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hello, thanks. I think I just keep panicking that it's fluid. Although last time he lost weight rather than gained it.

      He has developed a spasm, which has been checked out, and although his breathing is fine when he's awake, when he's in a deep sleep (I think he's dreaming because he's twitching too) his respiratory rate is greatly increased. As soon as he wakes it's back to normal.

      I think I'll get him checked out, will put my mind at rest, hopefully nothing is wrong.

      I'm more relaxed than when we first got him back, I was a nervous wreck then. But I do think I need to try and relax more, I agree, he'll pick up on my stress.

      Thanks again.

      > Hi
      >
      > I wouldn't worry too much he has put weight on unless he gets past his
      > healthy weight. Then he might need to be on a calorie controlled diet food with
      > vet supervision. 200g increase can be due to a full bladder, so I wouldn't
      > worry too much about that.
      >
      > You need to relax a little with him if you can. Easy said, I know. But he
      > will know if you are stressed and pick up on it. My boy reached 9kg last
      > year and had to go on a strict diet, he's now 7.5 kg.
      >
      > Lyn

    • binarina1
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
        Just a quick update, we took him in, they couldn't hear any fluid, his heart rate was good, breathing fine. And they are pretty sure the weight gain is just normal.

        Someone asked me what I am feeding him via email, I couldn't reply for some reason, but he eats Royal Canin dried food, he will not eat wet food, has no interest in it whatsoever.

        I'm taking him in again next week for some bloodwork to see how he's coping with the many tablets.