Chloe - Upped Syringed Fluids - Positive Results

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      Chloe looked extremely "mushy" yesterday - her respiration rate remained in the 16-20 range, but she seemed drawn and "down". I aggressively tried to get more fluids into her, and managed 29mls...I see an improvement in behavior today - more alert...I'm hoping it's the additional fluids -

      Tomorrow's vet visit will tell the tale...I'm praying Chloe's kidney values haven't skyrocketed with the dramatic increase in Lasix/spiro, praying Chloe's heart hasn't continued to deteriorate, and praying my syringe feedings/fluids efforts are paying off...

      Thanks so much,
      Suzanne and Chloe
    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2013
        This is great news. Suzanne. They do need fluids, but it's a careful balance when they have HCM. Remember that if she is even slightly dehydrated tomorrow, the kidney values will be affected. I took a kitty in once, and they told me her kidneys were in horrible shape, test results were just awful, etc. But they said they'd keep her overnight on fluids, and retest in the morning. After the fluids, her kidney values moved back to perfect. I would hope all vets are aware of this, but be sure yours is ---