looks like time to post this again

  • Westgold
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
      A Cat's Will

      Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, giving their home
      and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do
      the same, this is what I'd ask...

      To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

      - My happy home.
      - My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
      - The lap, which I loved so much.
      - The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.

      I'd Will to the sad, scared shelter cat, the place I had in my human's
      loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

      So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the
      loss and pain is more than I can stand."

      Instead, go find an unloved cat, one whose life has held no joy or home and
      give MY place to HIM.

      This is the only thing I can give --- The love I left behind.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
        I am so glad to see this.

         When I lost "Tino" to heart failure after 15 years; and then loosing "Joey" to mammary cancer within the same year - I was one who said "never again".

        Meanwhile (I don't know quite how) I am sitting next to my rescue kitty "Jackson".
        He has some special needs, and had I not gotten him, he'd be a big grey and white memory by now.

        But he isn't.  He's my boy.

        "Tino" and "Joey" will never ever be replaced,  but I am so glad that there is room in my heart to love another right out of the shelter!

        Thank you for re-posting!

        Wendy and Jackson

        ________________________________

        >I couldn't agree more.  My beloved Baby Boy was euthanized on a Friday.
        > Monday morning I went to school (I was in graduate school at the time) and
        > told my thesis adviser that he'd died.  Three hours later she told me "So
        > and so found a kitten this weekend!".  I already had two other cats and
        > wasn't planning on a third, but I took him and he is just such a huge
        > source of joy.  Then I got my second heart-kitty, Lilly, through this
        > list.  She wasn't expected to live very long, but here we are almost six
        > years later and she and her big heart and her calico attitude are still
        > with us.
        >
        > I've always thought the best way to honor our angel kitties is to give
        > another kitty the same loving home, if it's at all possible to do so.
        > They
        > love us as much as we love them, and wouldn't want us to be sad and alone.
        > I also think of it this way -- if *I* were the one who died I would want
        > more than anything for my cats to find another human to love, and to love
        > them and I wouldn't consider it a betrayal at all.  I think they want the
        > same from us.
        >
        > Lisa
        >

        > On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Absolutely. The perfect kitty for you will recognize you from a mile
        >> away,
        >> and do everything in his power to get your attention. Keep your heart
        >> open
        >> and embrace him!!
        >>
        >> When I had to have a very much loved kitty pts back in 1988, I was so
        >> very
        >> sad. at 9:30 that evening my friend's daughter knocked on my door, and
        >> she
        >> had a little blue stripey kitten hanging over her arm. She said she found
        >> him in the park across the street. I took him in, and he snuggled right
        >> up
        >> to me and immediately started healing my broken heart. He turned out to
        >> be
        >> my soul-kitty Pooh -- we had almost 17 happy years together before he
        >> developed a brain tumor. I have never been that close to any other being,
        >> cat or human. If I had turned him away, I would have missed out on all
        >> that.
        >>
        >> If a new kitty does not suddenly appear in your life, that's ok. Go to a
        >> shelter -- one of them will grab you as you walk by.... ;) -- or even ask
        >> if they have a heart kitty, she would be so blessed to end up in your
        >> loving arms, you already know how to take care of heart kitties!
        >>
        >> You have SO much to give to a new kitty -- don't wait! There's someone
        >> out
        >> there just praying for someone like you to walk by --
        >>
        >> take care -- Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto

      • Westgold