Re: [FH] Re: Fwd: Re: I had to put my kittie to sleep today

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
      I couldn't agree more. My beloved Baby Boy was euthanized on a Friday.
      Monday morning I went to school (I was in graduate school at the time) and
      told my thesis adviser that he'd died. Three hours later she told me "So
      and so found a kitten this weekend!". I already had two other cats and
      wasn't planning on a third, but I took him and he is just such a huge
      source of joy. Then I got my second heart-kitty, Lilly, through this
      list. She wasn't expected to live very long, but here we are almost six
      years later and she and her big heart and her calico attitude are still
      with us.

      I've always thought the best way to honor our angel kitties is to give
      another kitty the same loving home, if it's at all possible to do so. They
      love us as much as we love them, and wouldn't want us to be sad and alone.
      I also think of it this way -- if *I* were the one who died I would want
      more than anything for my cats to find another human to love, and to love
      them and I wouldn't consider it a betrayal at all. I think they want the
      same from us.

      Lisa

      On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Absolutely. The perfect kitty for you will recognize you from a mile away,
      > and do everything in his power to get your attention. Keep your heart open
      > and embrace him!!
      >
      > When I had to have a very much loved kitty pts back in 1988, I was so very
      > sad. at 9:30 that evening my friend's daughter knocked on my door, and she
      > had a little blue stripey kitten hanging over her arm. She said she found
      > him in the park across the street. I took him in, and he snuggled right up
      > to me and immediately started healing my broken heart. He turned out to be
      > my soul-kitty Pooh -- we had almost 17 happy years together before he
      > developed a brain tumor. I have never been that close to any other being,
      > cat or human. If I had turned him away, I would have missed out on all
      > that.
      >
      > If a new kitty does not suddenly appear in your life, that's ok. Go to a
      > shelter -- one of them will grab you as you walk by.... ;) -- or even ask
      > if they have a heart kitty, she would be so blessed to end up in your
      > loving arms, you already know how to take care of heart kitties!
      >
      > You have SO much to give to a new kitty -- don't wait! There's someone out
      > there just praying for someone like you to walk by --
      >
      > take care -- Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto

    • marianna.mayer