Fwd: Re: I had to put my kittie to sleep today

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013

      >From: "lfagla@..." <lfagla@...>
      >
      >Hi everyone, thanks for all the kind words and sympathy, I can't
      >tell you much you comforted me (and thanks for reading that long
      >email)!
      >
      >I feel concern for any pet that crosses his path. It's sad because
      >he was really a nice guy. I don't hate him, I just feel like if you
      >have a pet who needs immediate attention and it's a life or death
      >matter, you could loose your pet.
      >
      >You guys are amazing with your pets, I have been reading a lot of
      >the threads ( responded to a few but they got lost - I feel really
      >dumb, I can't even post correctly). But I'm sending all of you and
      >your kitties happy thoughts.
      >
      >My little Pancho is missing Yoyo, he's a much younger and livelier
      >cat so i think I'm going to start taking him out for rides on my
      >bike. But he'll be all alone while I work, he's never had to stay
      >alone before.
      >
      >Which reminds me, I'm impressed how you manage to work and address
      >your cats' medical needs. You guys are cool and kind!
    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
        Hello

        When you are ready a new special friend will come into your life to be a
        friend to Poncho. Heart cats only choose special people:) I am sure Yoyo will
        help you to choose when the time is right. So many here lose a pet and
        then suddenly a new cat appears in the garden or just happens to need a home.
        Pet owners have so much love to give.

      • marianna.mayer
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
          This has certainly been the case for me, and I have always thought it one of the inexplicable mysteries in life.

          Marianna

          Lyn wrote:
          "So many here lose a pet and
          then suddenly a new cat appears in the garden or just happens to need a home"

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
            Absolutely. The perfect kitty for you will recognize you from a mile away, and do everything in his power to get your attention. Keep your heart open and embrace him!!

            When I had to have a very much loved kitty pts back in 1988, I was so very sad. at 9:30 that evening my friend's daughter knocked on my door, and she had a little blue stripey kitten hanging over her arm. She said she found him in the park across the street. I took him in, and he snuggled right up to me and immediately started healing my broken heart. He turned out to be my soul-kitty Pooh -- we had almost 17 happy years together before he developed a brain tumor. I have never been that close to any other being, cat or human. If I had turned him away, I would have missed out on all that.

            If a new kitty does not suddenly appear in your life, that's ok. Go to a shelter -- one of them will grab you as you walk by.... ;) -- or even ask if they have a heart kitty, she would be so blessed to end up in your loving arms, you already know how to take care of heart kitties!

            You have SO much to give to a new kitty -- don't wait! There's someone out there just praying for someone like you to walk by --

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
              I couldn't agree more. My beloved Baby Boy was euthanized on a Friday.
              Monday morning I went to school (I was in graduate school at the time) and
              told my thesis adviser that he'd died. Three hours later she told me "So
              and so found a kitten this weekend!". I already had two other cats and
              wasn't planning on a third, but I took him and he is just such a huge
              source of joy. Then I got my second heart-kitty, Lilly, through this
              list. She wasn't expected to live very long, but here we are almost six
              years later and she and her big heart and her calico attitude are still
              with us.

              I've always thought the best way to honor our angel kitties is to give
              another kitty the same loving home, if it's at all possible to do so. They
              love us as much as we love them, and wouldn't want us to be sad and alone.
              I also think of it this way -- if *I* were the one who died I would want
              more than anything for my cats to find another human to love, and to love
              them and I wouldn't consider it a betrayal at all. I think they want the
              same from us.

              Lisa

              On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Westgold <westgold@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Absolutely. The perfect kitty for you will recognize you from a mile away,
              > and do everything in his power to get your attention. Keep your heart open
              > and embrace him!!
              >
              > When I had to have a very much loved kitty pts back in 1988, I was so very
              > sad. at 9:30 that evening my friend's daughter knocked on my door, and she
              > had a little blue stripey kitten hanging over her arm. She said she found
              > him in the park across the street. I took him in, and he snuggled right up
              > to me and immediately started healing my broken heart. He turned out to be
              > my soul-kitty Pooh -- we had almost 17 happy years together before he
              > developed a brain tumor. I have never been that close to any other being,
              > cat or human. If I had turned him away, I would have missed out on all
              > that.
              >
              > If a new kitty does not suddenly appear in your life, that's ok. Go to a
              > shelter -- one of them will grab you as you walk by.... ;) -- or even ask
              > if they have a heart kitty, she would be so blessed to end up in your
              > loving arms, you already know how to take care of heart kitties!
              >
              > You have SO much to give to a new kitty -- don't wait! There's someone out
              > there just praying for someone like you to walk by --
              >
              > take care -- Michelle & Tigger Too in Toronto

            • marianna.mayer