Re: [FH] Hello - I'm new here!

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
      Linda,

      I am glad you reached out to the group.  You need to see a cardiologist and have an ultrasound done to determine the heart disease.  A cardiologist will be able to prescribe medications (in addition to the lasix) to help.  Heart disease is very serious but with the proper treatment kitties can do quite well.

      Any breathing difficulty is an emergency so try to get the ultrasound done as soon as possible.

      Keep us posted...

      Laurie and Boo

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
          At the risk of muddying the waters . . . Is it possible your kitty has feline asthma too??? I only ask because wheezing is a symptom of asthma. My kitty had this for a year before her old cardiologist diagnosed it off a chest X ray.

          Feline asthma is a condition common in the siamese breeds. My Sheba is a Himalayan and suffers from BOTH feline asthma and heart disease.

          Love
          Jordan and Sheba

          Sent from my iPad