Re: [FH] Chloe Crisis - Emergency Vet Visit

  • Chmiss01
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2013
      Dear Suzanne,

      My heart goes out to you and your precious little Chloe.... she certainly has been through it, and you're such a great mom to care for her like you do. How much Lasix is Choe on per dose? How many milligrams? You said that she's only taking it twice a day?

      I don't know if this helps you, but my little Twix went into CHF last Feb twice in two weeks. They upped her dose from twice a day to three times a day at 6.25mg each time. It's rather a large dose, and I've been watching her bloodwork carefully for kidney values, but (knock on wood) she is stable at this dose, and is so far not having any other adverse reactions with her kidney values. I don't know if you might try the three times a day method if you can. Maybe ask your vet?

      It can mean varying your schedule to make sure you're able to give those doses 8 hours apart, but it might help your little girl. Please let us know how she's doing. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

      Joanne, Twix, Tigger, and Tagg

      Sent from my iPad