stablized on plavix

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
      I have stablized Sheba on her Plavix. She has been taking it each night like a champ. I place it in half a gel cap and a pill pocket and she chomps it down. I have also noticed she is feeling better. She is more playful and I notice her doing some energetic trit trots down the hallway. It certainly is not "kitty crazies" like my other girl, who will NASCAR up and down the hallway. But Sheba is definitely looking for some fun . . . and is more playful. Which is ALL GOOD!! It does my heart good to see her happy.

      I have not seen any of the negative symptoms (anorexia) desribed by the cardiologist nor an instances of bitterness given the pill in only in HALF of a gel cap. So far all good!!

      Has anyone else seen increased energy when starting plavix or other heart meds? Or is this merely a co-incidence??

      Thank you,

      Jordan and Sheba

    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi Jordan

        Mine just gulp their plavix too in chicken. If they look about to chew, I
        rub their heads and gulp, down it goes:) I've never had any trouble with it
        in two cats. But I didn't notice any changes in playfulness or anything
        different in their behaviour. Maybe it's because Spring is approaching? Mine
        are alll moulting!!

        Lyn:)

      • Dana McCormick
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2013
          Hi Jordan,

          I noticed a BIG difference in Fuzz when he started on his meds. He was way more active. Difference was night and day.

          Glad to hear the gelcaps are working.

          Dana & Fuzz