Fuzz Not Eating

  • Dana McCormick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
      Fuzz has been eating poorly off and on for over a month now. He used to eat 3 FF cans/day and munch on a little dry. Sometimes he doesn't even eat 1 can and now won't eat at all, just a couple bites/licks. He acts OK, certainly not lethargic. He's lost 11.5 oz since his Dec 26th echo recheck. Last week he weighed 12.13 oz, today 12.5.5. Dr M said with his echo results, she doesn't think heart. She didn't want to stress him out with an office appt, so she prescribed metronidazole for 10 days, since I had seen some poop on him. He's been on the metronidazole since Friday night and is eating less, so I skipped it this morning. His heart rate/resp unchanged, 120ish and 20s. He walking/running around the house and looks bright eyed. I've never had anyone be sick and not "look" sick.

      Thoughts? (He's been on diltiazem & plavix since July).

      Dana

    • Dana McCormick
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
        Jean,

        We're going in today at 2:30, It's so strange that he looks and acts good.

        Dana

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
          Jean,

          Fuzz is 5 1/2.

          Dana

          From: Dana McCormick <danamcmk@...>
          To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:15 AM

[...]

        • Laurie Stead
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
            Hi Dana,

            This may be a stretch but have you tried a different food?  Sometimes a new batch could be "off" or Fuzz wants something "new".... since he seems okay otherwise, I would try it.

            Hope the vet visit goes well.

            Laurie

            From: Dana McCormick danamcmk@...>

            To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
              Hi Laurie,

              Yes, I bought him some Friskies, Don brought a Science Diet can and I tried 3 different kind of dry last night.

              From: Dana McCormick danamcmk@...>

              To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com

              Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 11:15 AM