Re: [FH] Atenolol question ? SEB syrup dosage ?

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2013
      hi Susan,

      I usually give at least a teaspoon (5ml) of SEB syrup, up to 3 times a day, ALWAYS away from any other meds or supplements. SEB can inhibit the absorption of other things, so best to give it at least two hours after other things.

      We had Atenolol compounded into a transdermal cream for our angel Snowball, but it didn't work at all that way. It wasn't absorbed much at all. Atenolol can cause them to feel badly. It did with Snowball... lethargic, nauseated... that's why we tried the cream, but the cream was ineffective, so we went back to the pills.

      The pancreatitis test has to be a fasting test, so make sure no food for 12 hours prior to the test. What you want done is the fPLI, fTLI, Cobalamine and Folate and tell the vet you want it done at the Texas A & M (TAMU)Gastrointestinal Lab. I know that Antech and Idexx do it now, but Texas A&M are the experts in this test. I work for a veterinarian, and she doesn't use anyone but TAMU for the test.

      Carol