Re: Homeopathy

  • carolroars
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
      hi Wendy,

      Yes, there definitely is a connection between the kidneys and heart, even is western medicine, but most allopathic vets may not see it that way.

      Just to clarify about homeopathy. Homeopathy isn't related to traditional Chinese medicine. Homeopathy is a different type of "holistic" healing modality that may be used by any "holistic" type of doctor or veterinarian. A veterinary homeopath may be practicing homeopathy, in addition to Chinese medicine and many other types of holistic modalities.

      Carol

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy" wrote:

      > I wanted to share some interesting information I learned today from a veterinary homeopath. First of all I'd like to mention that he is a DVM and practiced western veterinary medicine for 25 years when he decided there was more that could be done and so he began exploring and learning Chinese medicine.
      >
      > Anyway, he indicated that in Chinese medicine there is a connection between the kidneys and the heart, one that western medicine has not identified. This makes sense in the case of my cat Patches, as his recent health issues began with cystitis and progressed to the discovery of heart problems shortly after.
      >
      > Not sure if this is meaningful to anyone, or if anyone is interested in alternative approaches to healing, for me I like to look at many different options and then decide the combination that appears to be working best. In many ways I feel western medicine and homeopathy can compliment each other.
      >
      > Enjoy and hugs to all the amazing kitties out there!
      >
      > Wendy

    • marianna.mayer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
        Wendy,
        Your vet makes a good point. As an example, many of us discover that hyperthyroid [once dx] goes hand and glove with heart and kidney issues. I think alternative modalities see the entire body when treating an ailment. I think that logically major stress on one vital part of the body would lead us to suspect added stress on others. Western medicine still focus on 1 issue at a time :(

        Marianna

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
          Hi Carol thank you! I tend to lump these approaches together and I should not do that, I could use greater insight into their differences and I think Patches is going to be quite the motivator for me in this way! lol

          Wendy