Happy Birthday Chloe!

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      Today is Chloe's 19th birthday - a true miracle, as my sweet girl was only given days/weeks to live when she was first diagnosed with HCM along with a severely enlarged heart (3X normal size) back in November.

      As you may remember, Chloe was in complete heart failure, filled with fluid, and not being controlled with the first drug tried by her vet - Lasix. An emergency addition of enalapril and spirolactalone literally saved her life...

      Along the way, I've done things I never thought possible - learned to administer IV fluids (with help and support from my wonderful Mom!), give injections, monitor respirations, and most importantly - WATCH, WATCH, WATCH. Looking for signs and symptoms, believing in what I think I'm seeing, and pursuing answers to Chloe's "non-symptoms symptoms" has been the most difficult task.

      We've had our ups and downs - and a few very scary breakthroughs, but most importantly - WE ARE STILL HERE!

      I want to thank everyone here on the Feline Hearts forum for your kindness, caring and support - your notes when Chloe was at her worst gave us comfort and hope...Your help has been a big part of why Chloe is still with me...Thank you!

      We're still taking things day-by-day - as I've learned here and through dealing with Chloe's illness, things can change in the blink of an eye... But for right now, we are continuing to enjoy each and every miraculous day we have together.

      Give all your kitties a big hug from Chloe and me...Prayers and purrs to everyone...

      Suzanne and Chloe =^..^=
    • Westgold
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
        Happy Birthday Baby!!! I hope your Mom makes you tuna cake for dinner! This is a testament to the great care you gave Chloe her whole life. And she has given you all her love in return. What a blessing that you two found each other 19 years ago.

        love from Michelle, Susie Q & Tigger Too

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
          Happy Birthday Chloe!! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for both of you! I love hearing about the milestones and happy days. :)

          Dana and Tink

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "zan200" wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > Today is Chloe's 19th birthday - a true miracle, as my sweet girl was only given days/weeks to live when she was first diagnosed with HCM along with a severely enlarged heart (3X normal size) back in November.
          >
          > As you may remember, Chloe was in complete heart failure, filled with fluid, and not being controlled with the first drug tried by her vet - Lasix. An emergency addition of enalapril and spirolactalone literally saved her life...
          >
          > Along the way, I've done things I never thought possible - learned to administer IV fluids (with help and support from my wonderful Mom!), give injections, monitor respirations, and most importantly - WATCH, WATCH, WATCH. Looking for signs and symptoms, believing in what I think I'm seeing, and pursuing answers to Chloe's "non-symptoms symptoms" has been the most difficult task.
          >
          > We've had our ups and downs - and a few very scary breakthroughs, but most importantly - WE ARE STILL HERE!
          >
          > I want to thank everyone here on the Feline Hearts forum for your kindness, caring and support - your notes when Chloe was at her worst gave us comfort and hope...Your help has been a big part of why Chloe is still with me...Thank you!
          >
          > We're still taking things day-by-day - as I've learned here and through dealing with Chloe's illness, things can change in the blink of an eye... But for right now, we are continuing to enjoy each and every miraculous day we have together.
          >
          > Give all your kitties a big hug from Chloe and me...Prayers and purrs to everyone...
          >
          > Suzanne and Chloe =^..^=

        • Jordan Salim
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
            What a wonderful story!! A true testament the bond with our 4 legged kids. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE!!

            Love and kitty kisses,

            Jordan and Sheba

            Sent from my iPad
          • Wendy
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 26, 2013
              A truly incredible story! Happy Birthday, Chloe!!

              Wendy

              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "zan200" wrote:

              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > Today is Chloe's 19th birthday - a true miracle, as my sweet girl was only given days/weeks to live when she was first diagnosed with HCM along with a severely enlarged heart (3X normal size) back in November.
              >
              > As you may remember, Chloe was in complete heart failure, filled with fluid, and not being controlled with the first drug tried by her vet - Lasix. An emergency addition of enalapril and spirolactalone literally saved her life...
              >
              > Along the way, I've done things I never thought possible - learned to administer IV fluids (with help and support from my wonderful Mom!), give injections, monitor respirations, and most importantly - WATCH, WATCH, WATCH. Looking for signs and symptoms, believing in what I think I'm seeing, and pursuing answers to Chloe's "non-symptoms symptoms" has been the most difficult task.
              >
              > We've had our ups and downs - and a few very scary breakthroughs, but most importantly - WE ARE STILL HERE!
              >
              > I want to thank everyone here on the Feline Hearts forum for your kindness, caring and support - your notes when Chloe was at her worst gave us comfort and hope...Your help has been a big part of why Chloe is still with me...Thank you!
              >
              > We're still taking things day-by-day - as I've learned here and through dealing with Chloe's illness, things can change in the blink of an eye... But for right now, we are continuing to enjoy each and every miraculous day we have together.
              >
              > Give all your kitties a big hug from Chloe and me...Prayers and purrs to everyone...
              >
              > Suzanne and Chloe =^..^=

            • elfinmyst
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
                Happy birthday Chloe

                Hugs and purrs from the Furkids. Enjoy your birthday:)

              • Jean Fisher
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
                  Happy Birthday dear Chloe - nineteen years old!   That's wonderful.  I would love to see a picture of you wonderful Chloe.   Hugs and kisses from all of us.

                  from Jean, Harley, Michael, Timmy and Norton

                  Hugs and purrs from the Furkids. Enjoy your birthday:)

                • marianna.mayer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
                    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLEO.

                    Hurray for Suzanne, her mom, and Chloe!!!

                    Two moms can be better than one.

                    Big Hugs

                    Marianna

                  • Judi Levens
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 27, 2013
                      Dear Suzanne and Chloe; Happy Birthday! you both deserve congratulations because this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been working so closely together. I was lucky enough to have my Max for 3/5 years after dx and they were wonderful years...he certainly knew he was compromised and that I was helping him and he was grateful and very sweet. A cat that "couldn't" be pilled gladly took oral meds and eventually force feeding like a champ...I miss him very much but value all the special time we had together thanks in large part to the combined intelligence of this group and the dedication I learned here about how to take care of him. I am so happy for you that Chloe has made it to her 19th birthday! that is a great accomplishment for any cat and caregiver...hugs to both of you...Judi and Angel Max

                      To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
                      From: Garyandana@...
                      Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 01:16:49 +0000