Fw: [FAF] PLEASE HELP...our Ben can not use his right side of his body

  • June Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2013
      Sorry Susan,  forgot the link:

      http://www.felinecrf.org/hypertension.htm

      June

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: June Jeffrey <smudgeypaws@...>
      To: "feline-heart@yahoogroups.com" <feline-heart@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, 25 January 2013, 18:01
      Subject: Fw: [FAF] PLEASE HELP...our Ben can not use his right side of his body

      I'm so sorry Susan and know how worried you must be.

      Have they taken his blood pressure and if so what is it?

      Am including a link to information on hypertension which also includes links to other websites with further information.

      Please keep us updates and keeping Ben and you in my thoughts and prayers.

      God bless,

      June, Freddie and Daisy and Angels Felix, Smudge and Fleur

      ________________________________

      I am reaching out to all my
      support groups.  Our Ben, who never
      had a health issue, was fine yesterday morning, but when I fed him last night
      his head was turned to the left and his front right leg was turned under as
      well as his right back leg.  He ate
      his food, but my husband and I rushed him to the vet.  The vet did not think it was a seizure but could be a stroke
      or blood clot or neurological.  The
      vet put him on fluids and steroids.

      His blood sugars were
      360.  This morning down to
      307.  He was not given insulin.  (He never had any problems with blood
      sugars before.  His last full blood
      panel was 6 months ago and everything was fine then.)

      The vet tech said he ate
      this morning but his legs are still not working.

      His blood results show
      everything normal.

      Help.  He is 14 years old.

      Thank you!

      Susan [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]