Fw: [FAF] PLEASE HELP...our Ben can not use his right side of his body

  • June Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2013
      I'm so sorry Susan and know how worried you must be.

      Have they taken his blood pressure and if so what is it?

      Am including a link to information on hypertension which also includes links to other websites with further information.

      Please keep us updates and keeping Ben and you in my thoughts and prayers.

      God bless,

      June, Freddie and Daisy and Angels Felix, Smudge and Fleur

      I am reaching out to all my support groups.  Our Ben, who never had a health issue, was fine yesterday morning, but when I fed him last night his head was turned to the left and his front right leg was turned under as well as his right back leg.  He ate his food, but my husband and I rushed him to the vet.  The vet did not think it was a seizure but could be a stroke or blood clot or neurological.  The vet put him on fluids and steroids.   His blood sugars were 360.  This morning down to 307.  He was not given insulin.  (He never had any problems with blood sugars before.  His last full blood panel was 6 months ago and everything was fine then.)   The vet tech said he ate this morning but his legs are still not working.   His blood results show everything normal.   Help.  He is 14 years old.   Thank you!   Susan [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • June Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 25, 2013
        Sorry Susan,  forgot the link:

        http://www.felinecrf.org/hypertension.htm