CRAZIES THYROID OR HEART?

  • mary beth fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hello !

      Has anyone ever heard that those 'crazies' cats get into, usually late in the evening, are ever signs of hyperthyroidism or heart trouble?

      Hadn't seen those 'crazies' (speeding through the house like a bullet) in months, it seems. 3 nights ago they were back, this time @ 2 a.m.. It was SCARY. Last night I was able to grab Lahri and get a breathing frequency, @40 by the time I got him and a heart rate, @ 180-200. Both diminished as he settled down, though. The heart rate got down to @160, and I forgot write down the breathing rate. He went into another spell of this @8:30 this a.m. while I was on the phone, knocking over things and grazing my neck with a claw as he jumped over me.

      He may be getting cabin fever. This COULD be related to his being quarantined in the bedroom since 1/20, when an eye was swollen and weepy. Doxycylcine or something seemed to nip that in the bud very quickly, but as vet says to give them the full dosage, I'm going to keep him hin here as long as I can.

      If the crazies are not due to the confinement, I'm wondering if such crazies are ever related to heart problems of hyperthyroidism.

      Thanks.
      mb and lahri