Re: Polar Bear had mini stroke 1/19

  • elfinmyst
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hi Mary

      Polar Bear needs something for clots definitely. My Arnold had a stroke
      with exactly the same symptoms aged 19. Cats recover well from stroke as their
      brains don't have areas for movement/vision etc as clear as ours, so other
      parts take over.

      There are two causes of stroke, a blood clot or a bleed. My only concern
      with nattokinase is its dissolves clots and could possibly let another bleed
      happen if it were a bleed in the first place which has since clotted in the
      brain. Other than that nattokinase is a safe pill and mine have been on it
      years too. Plavix would help with a clot by thinning the blood.
      Unfortunately there's no way to tell whether a clot or bleed except by CT scan which
      they would do in humans.

      Josh had a stroke, he has taken nattokinase since. Arnold died before we
      could start him on something for clots.