Re: Nattokinase

  • carolroars
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 22, 2013
      hi Jean,

      I'm not surprised that your vet said that. Most vets don't even know what Nattokinase is. There have been some studies, not on cats. In Japan, they use Nattokinase for human patients all the time. Most of the studies are out of Japan.

      There are some in our files, but again, they're not with cats. Those of us who give Nattokinase, do so with the hope that the beneficial affects of it will also help our cats. So far, for Misty, I do believe it has helped.

      Carol

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Jean" wrote:

      > Lyn,
      >
      > I wanted my Harley to be on nattokinase but my cardiologist said there was no tests done on cats so he is on aspirin. Where do you get the nattokinase and how much is given? I have a hard time getting Harley to take pills and he is taking his aspirin in liquid form - chicken flavoring from compound pharmacy. I would rather he have the nattokinase as the aspirin is supposed to be toxic for cats although Harley is only getting a small amount.
      >
      > Jean

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 49 of 49 , Apr 30, 2014
        Hi FU is fibrinolytic units. That's the brand I use, Doctors Best, I`m
        not sure how it equates to the weight, maybe give them a ring?

        Lyn

        www.furkids-selkirks.com