Started Plavix

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013
      I decided to stop giving Sheba the baby aspirin. She still had soft stool today with a little runny at the end. And then it occurred to me when she was once given Metacam oral after a dental it caused vomiting after the 3rd day!!!

      So my guess is she cannot tolerate NSAIDS.

      That said, I emptied out one of my larger gel caps, put a 1/4 tab plavix inside and pushed it into the pill pocket. She gobbled it up none the wiser, and I immediately fed her afterwards. She was starving and ate two bowls of food!! Hopefully the smaller gel caps will arrive in the mail soon.

      So now . . . it is just a waiting game. Crossing paws that she has no side effects (vomiting, diarrhea or anorexia) from the Plavix. Think good thoughts for my girl.

      Love,
      Jordan and Sheba