[FH] Re: Devastaded parents.....new ER today :(

  • dawnakapumpkin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 21, 2013
      I just emailed you again, I'm so sorry! I meant to post again in my reply to you.....overall for everyone else and yourself as well...he is in the vet hospital overnight..liver levels now a concern (a first this entire time)..we are thinking it's something else v.s. just heart issues..

      His name is Pumpkin (red tabby Persian--beautiful boy)..our almost 8 yr old and we're devastated... He's not on any meds to hurt the liver/kidneys..kidneys were fine.....he was just jaundice and concern for liver levels today... Doc felt that it was not a lack of eating since he was on track for several weeks and we still got stuff in him the past 3 days... He's also still amazed that Pumpkin is not having congestive issue since he's not been medicated for that since early Dec. Just devastating but we should find out more soon when he calls and of course tom. We're not ready to give up...he is tiny for his frame and lost a couple more lbs...he should be 12-15 lbs when he is now 7.58....

      Just lost! Marianna, did you lost your healthy boy then (do you mind?)..were there multiple issues as well? Perhaps one thing exposed the other? Our vet said the liver issues today have nothing to do w/the heart condition but that of course still does not mean there is not heart issues...as you said they mask it well and that magic age tends to display it.

      We're just confused but any advice is welcome and I sincerely appreciate what you've given so far! BTW, if our vet still feels that there are issues w/the tummy/intestines, I will use your notes about that...anything natural is great as well! I just hope Pumpkin pulls through this..we again are not ready to lose him. We left for a Thanksgiving trip this yr and came home to a very sick cat...orig. infection, fever, etc..then congestive heart issues.... Just a lot esp. when he's such a big part of our family!

      Thanks again!!

      Dawnaka