Re: [FH] Re: HCM - Grazer Vomiting after Long Gaps Without Food.

  • Laurie Stead
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2013
      Same here... I was never told to "gap" the pimobendan with Boo.  She takes her pills and usually proceeds to eat right after.  ??

      Laurie

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        Boo has been taking it 2x/day for a year now... I was never told to limit food before or after.  It's interesting when things like this come up because you do wonder when they are on a cocktail of meds what truly is making the difference.  If the pimobendan is not being absorbed fully... how much is... or is this drug really not the one helping her?

        I do know Boo has done well on her med cocktail and so I do not plan to change anything, but I will inquire with her cardiologist why I was not told about this.  I double-checked her prescription and the instructions on the med itself and there is no mention of limiting food.

        Laurie