Re: continue baby aspirin???

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013
      Hi Jordan,

      I'd definitely call the cardiologist Monday morning and talk to him about Sheba's reaction to the aspirin - maybe he would agree to lowering the dose, which would hopefully eliminate the side effects, but still give Sheba the benefits of the aspirin therapy.

      My vet prescribes only 5mgs of aspirin 2X per week for her heart kitties - I'm assuming Sheba's 1/4 baby aspirin would be about 20mgs?

      I know with Chloe, we're always adjusting medications...

      I'll be praying for you and Sheba,
      Suzanne and Chloe
    • Cont Marie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
        Dear Jordan,
        My lili has been taking 5mg aspirin twice a week for one year and a half now. Some studies say that it is as efficient as bigger doses.
        I have noticed that it made her sleep and afterwards she seemed to be more energetic. Sometimes, I had the impression that it made her respiration rate raise. But it's difficult to assert that. She seems to tolerate the 5mg dose. I always try to give her some pâté first, so the aspirin doesn't hurt her stomach.
        I hope everything will be fine with Sheba,
        Marie.