Re: Chloe - Vet Visit Update

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
      Hi Suzanne,

      I have used the Nutri-cal supplement to put weight back on Sheba. It did work but took a couple months!! I have found much better results with Royal Canin Recovery diet. It is a vet diet requiring a prescription, but put the weight back on her much faster.

      It also has a potent smell, which when warmed in the microwave, stimulates eating. Sheebs LOVES it!! It is recommended for underweight dogs and cats, and I offered that two her post surgically after her eye surgery.
      She lost up to a pound from the dread "Cone of Shame" she had to wear for 3 weeks.

      But, when I pick her up now she feels like a little lead balloon . . . all 7 lbs of her. LOL :)

      Good luck,

      Jordan and Sheba

    • elfinmyst
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        Hi

        I have used Royal Canin recovery diet too, it absolutely stinks! But cats
        love it. It's so soft and you can scoop it into their mouths easily too and
        mixed with water it can be syringed.