Vet gave Oreo Sucrafalte for possible digestive / ulcer issues, have ?

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hi,

      I already read Tanya's site on this, but what I want to know is IF anyone has had any experience with this ?
      How long before I see results ?
      It states to give 2 hours before or after meds & Oreo gets a few meds crushed in each of his meals, so this is going to be tricky as I try to keep his meds at 12 hour intervals & still dose his twice daily with the sucrafalte. He gets Pepcid & Ondansetron by INJECTION in the morning, If I am giving sucrafalte ORALLY then, will the 2 systems cross to inhibit absorbtion of those meds ?

      If this doesn't work , I guess the next step is a repeat blood test & test for pancreatitis.

      In the middle of the night I found him sleeping IN his cat tree (in the bottom box ) which he had NEVER gone and I was very troubled. But then he came out & back on my pillow on my bed & seemed fine. Ugh.
      It's always something, right ?

      Thanks
    • Lynda Doty
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2013
        Blessings,Lynda Doty, Ph.D.Martha, Morelli and Angel C.B.

        Susan, I give Martha ondansetron injection in the morning and famotidine injection in the evening. I don't know about separating injections from food, have never done that.
        As for his sleeping in the cat tree--honestly, this seems normal behavior to me. Cats like to sleep--well, anywhere. They like control. I would not be troubled by it. But I have a question for you---how do you know he's never slept there before?
        But yes, I agree....it's always something, Susan!