LAHRI BLOODWORK

  • mary beth fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2013
      Hi !

      Can't remember if I've already posted this - belong to too many groups and not so well organized these days. Sorry if this is a repeat. My only issue at the present is the T4 of 2.8, which the vets refer to as the "gray zone" and do not want to act on.
      Many on the Thyroid site have encourage me to do a Free T4 and even a complete panel. Though the current vet says a Free T 4 will bring nothing, I do plan on asking for it when I return from a necessary trip, 1/16. Specifically at the moment, I'm wondering if I can assume Lahri's hitting the gray zone indicates some deficient control of the thyroid. His previous T4 levels were 1.2 (July 2011) and 1.4 (January 2012) and the vet sees nothing in that to be concerned about.

      When I pressed the vet on the phone yesterday, he suggested raising Lahri's morning Methimazole from 1.25 mg to 2.25, keeping the p.m dose at 2.25. Was going to do that but as I'm leaving tomorrow 1/6, I'm very hesitant to experiment with the dosage while I'm not here to observe him. Any opinions out there?

      Thanks.
      mb and lahri

      CHEMISTRY 12/28/12
      ALK. PHOSPHATASE 47 (0-62)
      ALT (SGPT) 71 (28-100)
      AST (SGOT) 51 (5-55)
      CK 675 (64-440) DVM said due to lying down so much during herpes flare-up
      GGT 3 (0-6)
      ALBUMIN 3.2 (2.3-3.9)
      TOTAL PROTEIN 7 (5.9-8.5)
      GLOBULIN 3.8 (3.0-5.6)
      TOTAL BILIRUBIN 0.1 (0.0-0.4)
      DIRECT BILIRUBIN O.1 (0.0-0.2)
      BUN 19 (15-34)
      CREATININE 1.0 (0.8-2.3)
      CHOLESTEROL 162 (82-218)
      GLUCOSE 103 (70-150)
      CALCIUM 10.1 (8.2-11.8)
      PHOSPHORUS 6.0 (3.0-7.0)
      TC02 (BICARBONATE) 17 (13-25)
      CHLORIDE 115 (111-125)
      POTASSIUM 4.5 (3.9-5.3)
      SODIUM 151 (147-156)
      A/G RATIO 0.8 (0.4-0.8)
      B/C RATIO 19.0 (
      INDIRECT BILIRUBIN 0.0 (0-0.3)
      NA/K RATIO 34
      HEMOLYSIS INDEX +++
      (Indwex of +++ may decrease ALP by 25-50% and increase AST by 25-50%
      LIPEMIA INDEX N
      (Index of N, +, ++ exhibilts no significant effect on chemistry values.

      ANION GAP 24 (13-27) mEq/L units

      T3 (12/18/12) 2.8 (0.8-4.7)

      BP: Ave 175 (12/31/12) w/t me to calm him. Tech said started at 150, eventually went to 200. DVM said "take ave."