Re: Oreo/meatloaf position/ nausea?/Ondansetron dosages

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013
      Thanks Elise,

      OK, thanks about noting the Ondansetron. I thought they're were instances where we might have to "up" the Ondansetron to a higher dose. Currently Oreo is on 2.5mgs per day, split. The vet reccommends , if I have to , that I can go up to 3mgs, so I have a bit more room to move. It seemed to have worked for a couple days, he was feeling great, but now , back to the came symptoms. I will have to keep trying to troubleshoot as I don't know exactly what it is, that is causing him discomfort. You mention "gulping". That is a good description of what Oreo does, most of the time.
      Thank you for your post.

    • mmayer11@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013
        Susan, what you describe certainly sounds like upset tummy...gas perhaps? When we see this in dogs, it's the first signs of "bloat", which is very serious, even life threatening.

        Marianna