Re: Lahri's ECHO DILEMMA . . . Please help if can.

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2012
      Hi Marybeth

      Cardiomyopathy can be secondary to hyperthyroidism. This is what I assume
      the diagnosis the cardiologist is making? If the thyroid is treated, then
      the CM resolves and gets better. Hyperthyroid is too much production from the
      thyroid gland and needs treatment. It is diagnosed by a blood test. There
      are several treatment options, tablets, radiation therapy and surgery to
      remove excess gland.