Chloe Update - Vet Visit Yesterday

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
      Hi Everyone...

      I wanted to give out a long-overdue update on Chloe. We had a vet visit yesterday - full exam, blood work, X-rays. Vet is pleased with how the new medications are working - the 1/2 Lasix - 1/2 Enalapril - 1/8 "Spiro" combination 2X per day seem to be keeping the fluid buildup at bay for now.

      Chloe's respiration rate is good, X-rays showed an increase in clear lung space, and she has more space to breathe - hence, lots of loud Burmese yelling at the vet and techs. Only problem at the moment is Chloe does not really want to eat - the cyproheptadine doesn't seem to be doing it's job anymore.

      I've tried every combination of her favorite Fancy Feast flavors, but only get a few half-hearted nibbles. Chloe is still very interested in her Laxatone treat, so I'm hoping it's just a matter of stimulating her appetite with a more exciting Fancy Feast variety...

      Chloe's vet is going to consult with the Internist regarding yesterday's exam and see if we need any changes or additions to the medication regimen. I hope to hear from her later today.

      I've actually been afraid to post any positive news as it seems like the second I do another catastrophe immediately strikes - but for now we're holding on and taking it day by day.

      Sending prayers out to all the great folks and their kitties here on the Forum...
      Suzanne and Chloe
    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
        That is wonderful news, Suzanne.  OK Chloe... now be a good girl and start eating for your mommy.  Just getting the fluid under control is huge.  Hopefully she will begin to feel more like herself and her appetite will increase.

        Thanks for the update and do keep us posted :-)
        Laurie