Re: Elevated blood levels in heart kitties

  • Sarah Wadey
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
      We used ProBNP as an initial indicator to see whether Rascasse (also crf) needed a heart scan. It confirmed there was damage, but we still needed the scan for a full diagnosis.
      My vet had not wanted to bother with proBNP, she wanted to go straight for the scan. I insisted on proBNP as we were running other bloods at the time anyway and didn't want the stress of a scan if there was no need.
      The scan revealed HCM, not the blood test.
      Hope that helps
      Sarah & Rascasse x