Re: Saddle Thrombus - Indiana has passed

  • Kendra DeSantolo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
      It is with a very sad heart that I tell you Indy passed away this
      afternoon. She went to see the cardiologist at UC Davis Vet Teaching
      Hospital Emergency Room. Dr. Mueller was an excellent doctor and explained
      things well. They had an IV line in and blood work completed before I even
      set my purse down (within 5 minutes) and said that her potassium was double
      what it should be indicating probably serious kidney damage and a poor
      prognosis. They began treatment but Indy was in distress and her heart was
      failing so I chose instead to hold her and let her pass quietly.

      Next time I encounter something that makes a vet say "There is no treatment
      for that." and "Euthanize immediately." I will head for this hospital. It
      was pricey, yes, but not much more than the all-night vets. They had the
      resources and experience no one else had, and a unique ability to answer
      all my questions which the all-night ER vet just sort of huffed at. I
      decided to have a necroscopy done -- first time I could consider that
      indignity to my cat's body -- but it seems important with the science in
      this area being so much trial and error.

      Sincere thanks to everyone who offered advice, kind thoughts and prayers,
      and their own cat-of-their-heart stories. My heart goes out to anyone else
      dealing with this.

      Kendra and Angel Indiana

    • Lynda Doty
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012
        Kendra, so very, very sorry to hear this, but so glad you found that special place for Indy, and folks who could explain things to you, and offer you the kind of help a vet should. I know it was a hard decision to have the necroscopy done, but I think a wonderful one, especially for the rest of us. It would be such a tribute to Indy to be able to help some other poor struggling cat. I feel sure that Indy would gladly volunteer her little body.

        Blessings,
        Lynda, Martha, Morelli & Angel C.B.

      • Jordan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012
          I am so sorry to hear of the lose of your kitty. Are heart kitties are special little creatures. Please know we will be saying some extra "paw prayers" for you and your beloved Indy.

          Your knowledge and experience is a gift to the rest of us.

          Love,
          Jordan and Sheba