Re: New to feline-heart

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hi Jean,

      My 18 1/2 year old Burmese, Chloe was diagnosed at age 9 with chronic pancreatitis and was put on a very small daily dose cyproheptadine to help with her extremely poor appetite. She has since been diagnosed with stage II kidney disease, a heart murmur, and within the past 2 months, an extremely severe case of HCM with an enlarged heart/heart failure/serious fluid buildup - the works...

      I asked my vet about any potential problems regarding the "cypro" and the HCM, but she told me that to her knowledge there were no problems with the drug and Chloe's other conditions, or trouble with medication interaction (Chloe is taking Lasix, Spironolactone, and Enalapril).

      The "cypro" works well for Chloe - she receives 1/4 of a 4 mg tab 1X per day - any more makes her "spacy" - I'm told that's the most common side effect. Check again with your vet to make sure the "cypro" is safe for Harley.

      Hope this helps,
      Suzanne and Chloe =^-.-^=