Re: New member, dental surgery needed for senior HCM and CKD cat

  • Jordan
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hi Lyn

      I was faced with a similar situation just 3 weeks ago. My HCM kitty needed emergency surgery for corneal ulcers!!

      I literally had to make a decision in a matter of minutes or run the risk of her eye perforating. I was terrified. All I could do is tell my baby I loved her, tell her to fight and trust God would take care of my girl. The ONLY thing I had was the Anesthesia Protocol from her cardiologist.

      I am pleased to say Sheba did WONDERFULLY. They followed my cardiologist outline and there were no issues during surgery, recovery or post surgery. No ill effects whatsoever. They said her breathing and blood pressure were perfect.

      I will paste you the protocol below:

      I am attaching the actual report the above text came from Sheba's cardiologist. I hope it comes through. Good luck with your surgery. And please keep us posted.

      Love and kitty kisses,
      Jordan and Sheba

    • Mosaic.artist@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
        Hi Jordan,

        Hearing your story is a great comfort to me. I am so glad the surgery was successful for your cat.

        Thank you for sharing this!!! Deep breath:) I didn't see the protocol in the email. If it is an attachment, could you please send it to my email: mosaic.artist@.../

        Would you also mind sharing your cat's diagnosis too? I have several appointments and will be gathering information. Then scheduling surgery.

        Lynn

        On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Jordan <thegapgal@...> wrote:
        > I will paste you the protocol below:
        >
        > I am attaching the actual report the above text came from Sheba's cardiologist. I hope it comes through. Good luck with your surgery. And please keep us posted.
        >
        > Love and kitty kisses,
        > Jordan and Sheba

      • Jordan
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
          Lynn,

          Sheba is a 8 year old special needs torti point himalayan. I call her the BILLION DOLLAR kitty. (She was the MILLION DOLLAR kitty until the recent corneal grafts in both eyes). I love her dearly and the more money she costs me the MORE I love.

          Sheba suffers from feline asthma and HCM.

          But she also has had her share of other issues too. She has suffered from struvite stones, rodent ulcers (lips) and more recently corneal ulcers in both eyes. This year has been especially difficult on Sheebs. She also had an allergic reaction to her rabies vaccine, went into anaphalix shock and had a couple of bouts with vomiting and diarrhea. The ER knows both of us by name. :)

          But we are planning on 2013 being a MUCH QUIETER year.

          Jordan and Sheba

          Hearing your story is a great comfort to me. I am so glad the surgery was successful for your cat.

          Thank you for sharing this!!! Deep breath:) I didn't see the protocol in the email. If it is an attachment, could you please send it to my email: mosaic.artist@.../

          Would you also mind sharing your cat's diagnosis too? I have several appointments and will be gathering information. Then scheduling surgery.

          Lynn

          On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Jordan <thegapgal@...> wrote:

          I will paste you the protocol below:

          I am attaching the actual report the above text came from Sheba's cardiologist. I hope it comes through. Good luck with your surgery. And please keep us posted.

          Love and kitty kisses,
          Jordan and Sheba

          Reply to sender

          Reply to group

          Start a New Topic

        • Mosaic.artist@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
            I laughed until I cried reading this! Perfect therapy for stress and worry.

            What we do for our pets! Your poor kitty. Terrible what you both have been through. Every time I get a little money, there is a pet who needs care. My car needs work, but animals come first.

            Let's hope 2013 will be a better year!!!

            Lynn
            PS You should be able to get an exemption so Sheba doesn't need a rabies vaccine!