An-Plex, was New member, dental surgery needed for senior HCM and CKD cat

  • lynn49805
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
      Mary,

      Every cat is different so I would give any herbal medication under the guidance of a holistic veterinarian. Holistic remedies can have side effects. We used it 8 years ago, so sorry, I don't remember the dosage.

      Our cardiologist knew nothing about An-Plex, but after my cat improved, his attitude toward holistic medicine changed. It was expensive and still is. Apparently it was discontinued by the manufacturer, Integrative Therapeutics, but is still available online. The company has other herbal formulas for cardiac issues. Do try to find a holistic vet if you are interested in this type of treatment as there are other options for your cat.

      Lynn

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Mary McKee <marylmckee@...> wrote:

      > What's the dose recommended by your holistic vet for the Anplex?
    • Jordan
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
        Hi Lyn

        I was faced with a similar situation just 3 weeks ago. My HCM kitty needed emergency surgery for corneal ulcers!!

        I literally had to make a decision in a matter of minutes or run the risk of her eye perforating. I was terrified. All I could do is tell my baby I loved her, tell her to fight and trust God would take care of my girl. The ONLY thing I had was the Anesthesia Protocol from her cardiologist.

        I am pleased to say Sheba did WONDERFULLY. They followed my cardiologist outline and there were no issues during surgery, recovery or post surgery. No ill effects whatsoever. They said her breathing and blood pressure were perfect.

        I will paste you the protocol below:

        I am attaching the actual report the above text came from Sheba's cardiologist. I hope it comes through. Good luck with your surgery. And please keep us posted.

        Love and kitty kisses,
        Jordan and Sheba

      • Mosaic.artist@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
          Hi Jordan,

          Hearing your story is a great comfort to me. I am so glad the surgery was successful for your cat.

          Thank you for sharing this!!! Deep breath:) I didn't see the protocol in the email. If it is an attachment, could you please send it to my email: mosaic.artist@.../

          Would you also mind sharing your cat's diagnosis too? I have several appointments and will be gathering information. Then scheduling surgery.

          Lynn

          On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Jordan <thegapgal@...> wrote:
          > I will paste you the protocol below:
          >
          > I am attaching the actual report the above text came from Sheba's cardiologist. I hope it comes through. Good luck with your surgery. And please keep us posted.
          >
          > Love and kitty kisses,
          > Jordan and Sheba

        • Jordan
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
            Lynn,

            Sheba is a 8 year old special needs torti point himalayan. I call her the BILLION DOLLAR kitty. (She was the MILLION DOLLAR kitty until the recent corneal grafts in both eyes). I love her dearly and the more money she costs me the MORE I love.

            Sheba suffers from feline asthma and HCM.

            But she also has had her share of other issues too. She has suffered from struvite stones, rodent ulcers (lips) and more recently corneal ulcers in both eyes. This year has been especially difficult on Sheebs. She also had an allergic reaction to her rabies vaccine, went into anaphalix shock and had a couple of bouts with vomiting and diarrhea. The ER knows both of us by name. :)

            But we are planning on 2013 being a MUCH QUIETER year.

            Jordan and Sheba

            Hearing your story is a great comfort to me. I am so glad the surgery was successful for your cat.

            Thank you for sharing this!!! Deep breath:) I didn't see the protocol in the email. If it is an attachment, could you please send it to my email: mosaic.artist@.../

            Would you also mind sharing your cat's diagnosis too? I have several appointments and will be gathering information. Then scheduling surgery.

            Lynn

            On Dec 7, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Jordan <thegapgal@...> wrote:

            I will paste you the protocol below:

            I am attaching the actual report the above text came from Sheba's cardiologist. I hope it comes through. Good luck with your surgery. And please keep us posted.

            Love and kitty kisses,
            Jordan and Sheba

            Reply to sender

            Reply to group

            Start a New Topic

          • Mosaic.artist@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
              I laughed until I cried reading this! Perfect therapy for stress and worry.

              What we do for our pets! Your poor kitty. Terrible what you both have been through. Every time I get a little money, there is a pet who needs care. My car needs work, but animals come first.

              Let's hope 2013 will be a better year!!!

              Lynn
              PS You should be able to get an exemption so Sheba doesn't need a rabies vaccine!