Pill pocket woes

  • Lynda Doty
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
      I was beginning to think I'd found the answer to Martha's pilling
      problem, but no more. Today she actually choked on the pill. She was
      going through all kinds of motions, it nearly scared us all to death.
      Even Morelli was scared. I've never heard of this when I heard pill
      pockets mentioned but leave it to Martha. The scare is over now but I
      think I'll toss out those pill pockets.

    • Toby Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
        Are you using a full Pill Pocket?  Even for my big bengal boy a 1/2 pocket was the most I could use, most of the time I went with about 1/3.

        Ryan

      • Laurie Stead
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
          Hi Lynda,

          Yikes that is scary!  Do you use the entire pill pocket?  I have always just used 1/2 the pocket, just enough to disguise the pill.  Boo never choked but I figured less chewing, less chance she would discover the pill.   Also, the salmon are the moistest so those are easier to manipulate than say the chicken.

          Laurie