Chloe - Vet Just Called - Situation Dire

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
      Thanks to all who have responded to my recent note...

      Please pray for Chloe...vet just called after consulting with Chloe's Internist - situation is as bad as it can get - Chloe is not responding to the Lasix and filling up with more fluid - heart is failing...Vet is putting her on a triple combo Lasix, Elanapril and Spironolactone 2X - I have to shave down human pills from the pharmacy to get the correct dose because there isn't enough time to wait for the compound pharamacy to send the meds out....Pray the pharmacy gets the meds ready fast...

      Vet said she considered tapping the fluid, but the heart is so enlarged their really isn't much space -

      Devastated...
    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
        Is Chloe at the vet hospital? If she is home and still breathing above 40 she needs to be hospitalized. She will be given lasix and other meds needed while in an oxygen cage to help her breathe.

        ----------
        Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
          Hi Laurie,

          Chloe is at home - her respiration rate this afternoon was amazingly low 20-24 - vet said that's good, it means the increased dosage of Lasix is actually still working for now, but the X-rays showed she's again filling up with fluid. Vet is VERY, VERY concerned, said situation is extremely critical. I've just gotten back from the pharmacy and given Chloe her 1st dose of Enalapril/Spiro. Believe it or not, Chloe was hungry this morning and ate 3 little servings of Fancy Feast - so she's fighting...

          I'll be in contact with the vet in few hours to tell her how Chloe's doing after the new meds.

          Thanks so much,
          Suzanne and Chloe

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Stead" <kittykatwhiskas@...> wrote:

          > Is Chloe at the vet hospital? If she is home and still breathing above 40 she needs to be hospitalized. She will be given lasix and other meds needed while in an oxygen cage to help her breathe.
          >

          > ----------
          > Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
            we're all praying for her & you -- you're doing everything right. Just keep calm and carry on -- and keep the carrier right by the door in case you have to rush her out again --
            Chloe is at home - her respiration rate this afternoon was amazingly low 20-24 - vet said that's good, it means the increased dosage of Lasix is actually still working for now, but the X-rays showed she's again filling up with fluid. Vet is VERY, VERY concerned, said situation is extremely critical. I've just gotten back from the pharmacy and given Chloe her 1st dose of Enalapril/Spiro. Believe it or not, Chloe was hungry this morning and ate 3 little servings of Fancy Feast - so she's fighting...

            I'll be in contact with the vet in few hours to tell her how Chloe's doing after the new meds.

            Thanks so much,
            Suzanne and Chloe

            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Laurie Stead" <kittykatwhiskas@...> wrote:

            > Is Chloe at the vet hospital? If she is home and still breathing above 40 she needs to be hospitalized. She will be given lasix and other meds needed while in an oxygen cage to help her breathe.

            > Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

          • Jordan
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 6, 2012
              Saying lots of "paw prayers" for Chloe. Please keep us posted!!

              Hugs and kitty kisses,

              Jordan and Sheba