Re: strange position

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
      Hi Marie

      Yes, it can be, a cat entering heart failure often adopts the sphinx
      position , sitting up and unable to lie down. I also find cats in pain will
      adopt this position too. For a HCM cat it is a red flag and I would always check
      at the vets who can listen for crackles on the lungs.

    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
        Is she acting okay otherwise... eating, drinking, using litter box, same personality?

        ----------
        Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
          Thanks Lyn, Laurie and Mary for your help.
          It's not easy to read her behavior.
          Today, she has not been in the "sphinx position" and her respiration rate has been within a wide range (between 24 and 31).
          I guess it's ok.

          Mary, when your cat was in this sphinx position, could you notice a raise in her respiration rate?

          Thank you very much to all of you,
          Marie.