Re: BUDDIE BREATHING AND BEHAVIOR

  • janie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2012
      I will write as the weekend is kinda slow. I have been there with 2
      cats. Thorax. If they take the fluid off and it is milky or you can
      test it. I am not real sure I read this looks like she has renal
      problems but that it so far. 13 isnt that old by the way. My feral
      baby we found out she had HCM at 12 and she lived to 17. I had one cat
      with the renal and she made it a few years at 19. I have a friend
      whos cat is 20 and been giving her fluids for years so we are as young
      as we act.

      Cant they tell on an xray about the heart? Not too sure what I would
      do. I have had my cats tapped for pleural effusion several times and
      they were fine. They did it at the office and at the university
      hospital. So I dont know about your country vet? First if she is
      breathing that low thats good. Jaguar was at 60 and above and we did
      it. For the pleural effusion you can get rutin at the health store
      500mg and break it in half. I cant remember i think it was 1/2 pill am
      and PM. It saved both my cats. This is from Purdue University small
      animal hospital. This os how we treated it. I had one live with it 6
      yrs and another it went away. It is probably in some of older posts.

      If it is fluid from the heart not working right then that isnt that
      hard to tap. The lasix wont do much good for thorax. I would say they
      got over loaded maybe she will get better and you could get a fast
      chest xray to see if her heart is large. I had 4 siblings. 3 had hcm.
      fist one died suddenly at 5 the second threw a clot and died. I had
      the others tested. One had it and one had a great heart but got thorax
      at 5 but lived tell about 10.

      I think I would see how she gets. Watch that lasix. are you on the
      renal group they are awesome. If the breathing is 3 thats great. Yes
      they need to eat. So I would try to get something in her. Sometimes
      they just wont eat then they start all of a sudden like us. You cant
      wait too long as that can really be bad.

      I hope I did not confuse you. It is true there is pockets of fluid if
      it is true thorax but they can get some of it if she breathing
      labored. Yes only she can tell you when its time. Sound like shes got
      a way to go. Good luck Janie