Re: [FH] Pill Pockets

  • Lynda Doty
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 29, 2012
      Martha chews her food, even canned. Every time she spots the pill and spits it out. Any way to overcome this with pill pockets?

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Blessings,
      Lynda, Martha, Morelli & Angel C.B.

    • Shi loh
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 29, 2012
        Hi Lynda- I have had the same issue with a couple of my cats and the pill pockets. One now will not even go near a pill pocket. I have tried 2 things with success. 1. I use Stella & Chewy's freeze dried food and squish the pill into one. They are very dry and crumbly so, you just have to try to split one and put the pill in the middle and then put it back together.2. Try using freeze dried chicken and crumble it up on a cat can cover with the pill hidden in the small pile of the freeze tried chicken. I have also done this with the Stella & Chewy's, but the freeze dried chicken works best. For bitter pills, I just have to pill the kitties. This is not too often thankfully. All cats are different. I do have one kitty that loves the pill pockets no matter what is in them. Best Wishes,-Shiloh
        To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com; kittykatwhiskas@...
        From: ibdcat@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 05:22:23 -0800
        Subject: Re: [FH] Pill Pockets

        Martha chews her food, even canned. Every time she spots the pill and spits it out. Any way to overcome this with pill pockets?

      • Laurie Stead
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 29, 2012
          Absolutely, with pill pockets you are not putting it in her food. It is given to her like you would any treat and she gobbles it down without realizing. Well that is the hope anyway.

          Laurie