Re: Pill Pockets

  • Mary McKee
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
      I have had success with both feral and domestic cats with pill pockets and the "treat" concept. Whenever we have gotten a new kitten, we start training them from day one to look forward to their nightly treats. Then if we ever have to give a cat medicine in the future, the whole process is usually facilitated because we can do so via pill pockets intermingled with treats. We have one epileptic cat, Hamlet, who comes and reminds of nightly that it is "treat time". He looks forward to getting his phenobarbital pill in the pill pocket. This makes it easier for pet sitters too. It doesn't work with every cat because there is always "that one" who doesn't like the taste of a pill pocket. I can honestly say it has worked with 95% of our animals - both domestic and feral.