Newly diagnosed with CHF, CRF and intestinal lymphoma

  • Enelrad
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2012
      Hi all. Been here before with my cat Helmet who passed suddenly after fighting HCM and then getting GI Lympoa in 2009. Skeet is 15yo and first diagnosed in Sept with lymphoma. While I was trying o get his diet worked out he had a relapse and went to ER where they gave him fluids and discovered the underlying heart condition (CHF). They started him on lasix which cleared up the lungs. however, This week suddenly he stopped producing urine after being on lasix for CHF earlier in the week. I had an appt today to euthanize my beloved boy but felt he deserved a chance at fluids to help with kidneys and potassium depletion. But, this is great risk to his heart obviously.

      Any thoughts on this? The vet at ER says that this triple whammy is difficult and he likely cannot live or long outside a hospital requiring fluids IV.

      Please help with ur insights tonight if possible!,

      Thank you

      Darlene and baby Skeet
    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
        Hi Darlene

        I am sorry to hear of Skeet and his problems. It is a balancing act to
        juggle kidneys and heart but it is not impossible. I`m sure there are people
        here have done this successfully with fluids and will be able to advise, but
        I it is great he's having a chance. I remember it was small amounts of
        fluids at a time . Is there any way to cut the lasix dose if he is now out of
        heart failure? What dose is he currently on?