HCM and CRF-signs?

  • joanne marbut
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
      I know many HCM cats get renal failure or disease or have issues.  My cat might be headed in that direction. BUN, creatinine and all blood and urine normal. But drinking a lot and going frequently and in full amounts 2-3 hrs. Specific gravity just fell from 10.3 to 10.06.  Will take her to Mich St. vet college next week for further testing. Will ask for blood PH, glomeral filtration rate test, and a scan and whatever else they need. Need to get a base feel for kidney function now and see if fall of spec. gravity is indication of RF.

      Any opinions, suggestions, experience with GFR and other tests?

      Thank you.

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
        Hi

        Drinking a lot and peeing a lot can also be a sign of diabetes so have that
        checked whilst you are there. Usually renal issues creep up and the
        creatinine goes above normal. Urea can be high if the cat is dehydrated, but
        creatinine is independent of hydration and a more reliable indicator.