Chloe Not As Perky Today

  • zan200
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2012
      Hi All, I don't know if I'm just over-worrying, but Chloe doesn't seem as "interactive" today - she's been staying on a pillow in a backroom whereas she usually sits and sleeps on a chair in the living room - sits with my mother, etc.

      She ate a bit this morning, and a little bit earlier this evening after her cypro, but looks down-in-the-dumps, so to speak. I tried giving her her 1/2 tsp. of Renal K gel this AM, and got about 1/4 tsp into her - she was very unhappy after that.

      As I haven't had much success with the Renal K, I went down to the vet's yesterday to pick up a bottle of potassium tablets- they were enormous, so I never attempted them and went back to again trying the gel.

      Do you think the Renal K might be upsetting her stomach? Is it possible she needs MORE potassium than I've been able to get into her? Her respiration rate this morning was 24, but I haven't been able to take it since as Chloe is awake when I periodically go to check on her.

      Thanks again for all your help,
      Suzanne and Chloe
    • kpolone@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2012
        Suzzanne,

        You are not overracting because I do the same thing if something is going on with Nike. Ok to be honest I totally freak out in my head and then calm down.

        I don't have any experience with what you are giving Chloe. Maybe others will have more suggestions than I can provide.

        How is Choloe today?

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2012
          Hi Kevin,

          Thanks so much - it's nice to know I'm not alone! Chloe perked up a bit about an hour after I gave her the nightly dose of Lasix - she strolled into the living room and jumped on her "usual" chair. Maybe she needs to go back on the AM dose of Lasix - I don't know... She's still not eating, so I'm at a loss regarding giving her her potassium supplement, as it's supposed to be given with food...Something is still not right - maybe an upset stomach from the meds?

          I'll put up a note with Chloe's meds and symptoms and see if anyone has any ideas...

          Thanks again,
          Suzanne and Chloe