Nando report

  • kittenwithawhip_meow
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
      Hi Everyone
      Good news on Nando! His cardiologist just called and said he spent a very good night in ICU after his dental surgery. He had 15 of his 16 remaining teeth pulled, the surgery took 2 hours. He just has one upper canine left on his right side. But he spent the night eating like a hungry hippo and today he is bright and alert. His creatinine is 2.8, his baseline is 2.7 so that is very good. I will pick him up on my way home tonight but in the meantime the wonderful staff at UW Vet are spoiling him rotten all day! I am so blessed to have found them, I know they played a large part in watching over him while Oral Surgery did their work.
      Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers you sent his way! I know that helped too. For a 12 year old HCM cat to come thru this with flying colors I know there were more things in play than just science!

      Victoria
    • Laurie Stead
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
        Wonderful news!  That was a whole lot of teeth pulled... Nando deserves all the spoiling :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
          Hi Victoria

          That's great news. My Vanny had all her teeth out (except her canines) too
          when she came to stay with us and she eats like a horse now, including
          biscuits. He'll feel so much better without toothache and the bacteria causing
          sore gums and poisoning him

          Hope he's home soon and with you:)

          LYn

        • Jordan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
            GREAT NEWS!! I think all of us with HCM kitties worry about dentals and any other procedures which requires anesthesia. So it is ALWAYS encouraging when one of our own comes through so well.

            HOORAY!!! Time to do an happy dance :)

            Love and kitty kisses,
            Jordan and Sheba

          • zan200
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 16, 2012
              Hi Victoria,
              So happy to hear Nando is doing so well after his surgery!
              Suzanne and Chloe