Re: [FH] Update 3 - Chloe's Day

  • Dana McCormick
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
      Hi Suzanne,

      2 different ER vets at my clinic missed diagnosing Fuzz's HCM. My vet practice is also the only 24 hr in our area. I took Fuzz on a Friday night because he wasn't right, she said he had high white count and put him on Baytril & gave him fluids. I took him back on Sunday because he was no better. Different vet, I asked if we should do X-Ray (which would have showed the enlarged heart), I was told not necessary, she took him off the Baytril, gave more fluids and did blood work. When I came home from work Monday, he looked like death warmed over, took him back, saw the 1st vet and she said she was admitting him. I felt like saying "Ya think?" She took X-Ray, which showed the enlargement and the u/s was done the next day diagnosing HCM. So I know how you feel with multiple vets missing it.

      Fuzz hasn't seen a cardiologist because the nearest one is about 1.5 hrs away and he travels poorly. I don't want to kill him taking there. My vet is great, if I bounce something off her, she researches and gets back to me. She is pretty up on supplements and meds.

      Fuzz has also become Mr Fancy Feast!

      Good luck with Chloe,

      Dana