Re: [FH] Best Med to Prevent Clots

  • Karen Plasket
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
      Hi Suzanne,
      I used Plavix on my cat for a couple of years...but it was always a struggle to get it down him (the pill is coated, and larger than his other meds). I finally switched him to 1 chewable baby aspirin every 3 days, and he tolerates that well. My opinion is Plavix is the best, but if it's at all a struggle, try the baby aspirin. Trying to prevent stress is important, and I didn't want my cat to develop an eversion to taking his other heart meds. Pick your battles is usually my motto!
      Karen Plasket, DVM